Friday, April 13, 2012 - 9:20am
posted by
Stephanie La Loggia, M.A
,
Manager of Knowledge 

Resources, Research and 
Academic Affairs, 
ASU Lodestar Center

Welcome to Research Friday! As part of a continuing weekly series, each Friday we invite a nonprofit expert to highlight current research reports or studies and discuss how they can inform and improve day-to-day nonprofit practice.

In celebration of the ASU Lodestar Center’s official expansion of programs into Southern Arizona, we have put together a fun 11-question quiz on Southern  Arizona’s nonprofit sector.  It is based on our newly released research report: Scope of the Nonprofit Sector: Southern Arizona.

Click here to take the short quiz.  At the end, you’ll find out your score and there will be a link back to this page. We’ll report the results in a future blog post.

Note: Southern Arizona, in this report and quiz, is defined as Pima, Cochise, and Santa Cruz counties. 

Scoring:
9-10 — Sector Sage - You are a nonprofit guru. Your wisdom is second to none!
7-8 — Sector Scholar - You are learned and knowledgeable about the AZ nonprofit sector.
5-6 — Sector Savvy - You know your nonprofit stuff!
3-4 — Sector Student - Aren't we all?
0-2 — Now you know!

Stephanie La Loggia is the Manager of Knowledge Resources for the ASU Lodestar Center. Some of her past research projects include the Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Report and Arizona Giving & Volunteering publications. Stephanie teaches undergraduate courses in the Nonprofit Leadership and Management program, and she has also been a youth summer camp director for over 20 years.

Like this article? Get another!

Click here to read Hannah Humphrey's "Creating, Building, and Sustaining Nonprofit Communities"

Comments

This was quite interesting. I really don't know much about Southern Arizona (I got a 4 - Sector Student) but I would love to know more. I believe there is a lot of potential, but as a nonprofit major, sometimes we just focus our studies in the areas we live or spend most of our time so definitely expanding our knowledge and know what other counties are doing is great! I will share this with some friends and compare results.

Thank you professor La Loggia!

Diali Lara

I ended up as a "Sector Student" as well, as I earned a 3 on the quiz. Taking the quiz reminded me of how much there still is to learn, even as I graduate. I believe that the non-profit sector is one that requires hands-on learning oftentimes, and I think that as I enter the non-profit sector as an employee instead of only a university student, I will be continually reminded of how much the sector entails. While my coursework has shown that working for a non-profit is far more than just being passionate about a cause, that will become increasingly evident throughout my career. I look forward to reading the results!

I got a 5. Great Arizona Nonprofit trivia. I'm a nonprofit major and the more I study the more I have become aware of the sheer size and scope of the nonprofit world. It sure makes me excited to graduate. When stuff about nonprofits comes up in the news, passing conversation, or with close friends I feel so informed. It's still a wonder to me that we're the only institution with a Bachelor's and Master's in Nonprofit.

Blog Archive

2019

2018

2017

2013

2012

2011

Welcome

Thank you for visiting the ASU Lodestar Center website.
Please indicate how you would like to proceed.

Don't have an account? Register today!