Education, Training & Assistance:
- ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation
- Nonprofit Management Institute: NMI offers certificate programs on topics of importance to nonprofit leadership and management. Several courses cover risk management.
- Coverage, Claims, and Consequences: An Insurance Handbook for Nonprofits. Nonprofit Risk Management Center, 2002.
- Hopkins, Bruce, Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization: A Legal Guide, 3rd ed., Wiley Nonprofit Series, John Wiley & Sons.
- The Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance, Risk Retention Group (ANI-RRG). A 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit insurance company whose mission is to be a stable source of reasonably priced liability insurance for 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
- Arizona State Legislature, ARS 12-982. Gives the wording for state law 12-982.
- Colorado Nonprofit Insurance. CANPO (Colorado Association of Nonprofit Organizations) ASI is a provider of nonprofit insurance in Colorado. This web site provides a full listing of the types of insurance nonprofit organizations may wish to consider.
- Carter McNamara's Risk Management Site. Carter McNamara has authored several very useful writings on risk management that are located on this site.
- Don Kramer's Nonprofit Issues. Provides an excellent list, with links, of organizations offering information about how to assess and plan for risk management.
- The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse. The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse is part of the Corporation for National and Community Service. A search of the site for "risk management" locates several very helpful articles.
- The Nonprofit Risk Management Center. This site offers risk management information and tools. It also provides a program to help you "evaluate your risks, safeguard your assets, and protect clients and staff from harm." This nine module program addresses employment practices, technology, contracts, internal controls and other basic matters. It is free to use, but a modest fee is charged to print out the report with specific recommendations.
- Public Risk Management Association. Offers multiple resources on risk management, especially for small organizations -- both nonprofit and public.