Friday, May 6, 2011 - 12:38pm
postedby
Stephanie La Loggia, M.A.

Manager of Knowledge Resources
ASU Lodestar Center

Welcome to Research Friday! As part of a continuing weekly series, each Friday we invite a nonprofit expert from our academic faculty to highlight a research report or study and discuss how it can inform and improve day-to-day nonprofit practice. We welcome your comments and feedback.

It was a great week for learning and connecting, with over 500 people attending the Phoenix Business Journal's Fourth Annual Nonprofit Business Summit, which engaged nonprofit and business leaders in dialogue and educational sessions. And on April 29-30, nonprofit scholars came together at the 8th Annual West Coast Nonprofit Data Conference to share current research and discuss methodological developments in the field.

In the spirit of learning, we've put together a fun quiz on Arizona's nonprofit sector. Take this quiz to test your knowledge. We'll report the overall scores in a future blog post.

Click here to take the 10-question quiz! (This link will take you to a new page. At the end of the quiz, you'll find a link to get back to ASU Lodestar Center blog.)

Scoring:

9-10 — Sector Sage - You are a nonprofit guru. Your wisdom is second to none!
7-8 — Sector Scholar - You are learned and knowledgeable about the AZ nonprofit sector.
5-6 — Sector Savvy - You know your nonprofit stuff!
3-4 — Sector Student - Aren't we all?
0-2 — Now you know!

This information, and more, can be found in the Arizona Nonprofits: Scope of the Sector in Brief and the Arizona Giving and Volunteering reports.

Special thanks to Professor Mark Hager for contributions to this quiz and Kayla McKinney for the quiz design.

Comments

Hi, I enjoyed this blog post. I think that it really gets into our brains to take such quizes that are meaningful,especially if we are related to the field.
It was interesting that those questions I got wrong I had chosen the right answer and switched it, oh well. I got a 7 total, and I have hope that my last semester in this discipline (at least in my bachelors) will move that up a little. It feels good. Thanks! :)

Blog Archive

2018

2017

2013

2012

2011

Welcome

Thank you for visiting the ASU Lodestar Center website.
Please indicate how you would like to proceed.

Don't have an account? Register today!