Current nonprofit sector research and recommendations for effective day-to-day practice from ASU faculty, staff, students, and the nonprofit and philanthropic community.
Write for us
One of the primary goals of the ASU Lodestar Center Blog is to facilitate dialogue and allow for the open exchange of ideas. With this great opportunity, you can share your opinions with people who may not be within your regular sphere of influence. So, if you've got something to say, we want to hear it, and so do our readers!
Examples of acceptable content for blog posts can include:
- Topics related to effective nonprofit management (board governance, fundraising, volunteer management, social media, etc.) [example1] [example2] [example3]
- Reflections on valuable experiences, success stories, or lessons learned in, or relating to, the nonprofit sector [example1] [example2] [example3]
- Commentary on recent articles, news, or research related to issues affecting the nonprofit community [example1] [example2] [example3]
Guest Blog Post Submission Guidelines
Blog posts must comply with the following guidelines to be considered for publication:
- All posts must be submitted using the Blog Post Submission form.
- Blog post submissions that focus on the marketing or promotion of events, products, services, individuals, or organizations will not be considered.
- Blog post submissions that are not relevant, of interest, or generally applicable to the nonprofit community as a whole will not be considered.
- Blog post submissions should be kept to around 500—750 words. Submissions of more than 1000 words will not be considered.
- Blog post submissions must include a byline "signature" with the author's name, organization, professional title, and a headshot of at least 85x128 pixels.
- Blog post submissions must also include a short, two- or three-sentence biography.
- Blog post submissions must include a title.
How to Submit a Guest Blog Post
All posts must be submitted electronically using our Blog Post Submission form. Posts that are not submitted via the online form will not be accepted. If your post is selected for publication, we will notify you via e-mail with any proposed changes or suggestions and a tentative publication date.
Note: Not every submission we receive will be published. We reserve the right to edit any submission for length or content purposes. We will notify all guest authors of editorial changes to their guest blog posts prior to publication.
Republishing & reposting policy: The ASU Lodestar Center Blog only publishes original content. We do not repost articles or blog posts that have been published elsewhere. While we encourage our guest bloggers to share their original work via social media and other platforms, we do ask that full credit be given to The ASU Lodestar Center Blog, with a link back to the original article.
If you have any additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.