All of the courses in this certificate program can be applied to fulfilling the professional development requirements in earning or maintaining the Certified Association Executive credential. Learn more here.
March–October 2020; apply by Feb. 21
This certificate is designed to meet the professional needs of senior-level managers and emerging executives of nonprofit and public organizations. The curriculum is designed in a cohort format to promote skill-building and peer networking among seasoned leaders. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a Nonprofit Executive Leadership Certificate from the ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation.
Facilitators are current and former CEOs and executive directors of nonprofit organizations with a vast amount of combined experience as change-making practitioners in the field. A variety of instructional methods are used to provide engaging, practice-oriented learning experiences that are focused on knowledge, skills and techniques that can immediately be implemented.
The ASU Lodestar Center thanks BeachFleischman PC for providing partial sponsorship of our Nonprofit Executive Leadership Certificate program. BeachFleischman is offering selected individuals scholarships up to $1,500 each to enroll as candidates in our renowned Executive Leadership program.
Participants enrolled in the Nonprofit Executive Leadership Certificate have access to the following:
- A robust network of established experts and cohort colleagues that share best-practices and offer guidance and support;
- An interactive, adult-learning environment offering relevant curriculum that provides participants with a strong capacity to lead;
- Transformational learning, tailored for experienced nonprofit leaders seeking to enhance the impact they have in their organizations and the community;
- Immediate and accessible knowledge and tools that strengthen necessary skills, improve efficiency and provide the ability to implement best practices of high-impact nonprofit organizations;
- Locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and the greater Southwest region;
- Peer-based learning that advances each participant’s ability to identify opportunities to collaborate and partner; and
- Reflective practices in an interactive learning environment.
- Demonstrate your commitment to being an expert in your field and build your credibility
- Increase and showcase your skills. Learn a new technology, branch out into a new area, and showcase your achievement through a capstone final project.
- Open the doors of opportunity. Many organizations are asking candidates to list their certifications. Do you often skip this area? If so, you are missing out on a key element that can make you stand out from the crowd.
- Learn from professional instructors. The instructors for each course are actual executives in the nonprofit sector. Acquire knowledge from those with firsthand experience.
Who should register
This certificate is designed for senior-level management and emerging executive leaders in the nonprofit sector. At a minimum, a registrant should have several years of professional or management experience within the nonprofit sector.
For additional information please contact Cindi Thiede, Director Professional Development Education, at (602) 496-1061 or Cynthia.Thiede@asu.edu.