American Express Leadership Academy
participants per cohort
Meet Class 14
Our new class of emerging nonprofit leaders has been announced. Learn more about our 2021-22 cohort.
The American Express Leadership Academy at the ASU Lodestar Center is an unparalleled leadership-development experience, designed just for Arizona's nonprofit professionals. Our program empowers you to grow as a leader, build new networks and advance your career.
Each year, the Academy accepts a cohort of Arizona's top emerging nonprofit leaders for this nine-month program that provides the knowledge and tools needed to take on leadership roles within the nonprofit sector. Candidates are selected through a competitive process, held in the spring.
The Academy is comprised of best-practice approaches to leading and managing nonprofits, from renowned professors and practitioner instructors at ASU, as well as established nonprofit leaders.
Participants will gain:
- Practical knowledge and tools and the confidence to advance in your career;
- An increased awareness and understanding of the nonprofit sector and issues affecting its prosperity, from fundraising to diversity;
- Leadership skills and personal development;
- A broad network of personal and professional relationships; and much more!
The program also includes:
- 360° Feedback Assessments
- 1-on-1 Executive Coaching
- Emergenetics Profile and Assessment
- Complimentary registration for the ASU Lodestar Center's Annual Fall Conference
- Access to exclusive alumni networks
Brought to you in part by
Do you have questions about the Academy?
The Academy Experience
Sadhna Bokhiria, the chief operating officer for Kapoor Foundations, was chosen by her classmates to deliver the graduation speech for Class 11 on May 10, 2019. In her address, Sadhna spoke about what leadership means to her, the most magical aspect of the Academy, and why the program will forever take up a special place in her heart.