Arizona Service Enterprise Initiative
Transforming volunteerism for high-impact results
Is your Arizona nonprofit ready to unlock the power of volunteers? The Service Enterprise Initiative is a national program that provides training and certification to nonprofits that are committed to implementing exemplary volunteer management practices to achieve their missions.
said their organization was better equipped to engage volunteers to meet their mission
report an increase in both traditional and skill-based volunteers, averaging a 23% annual increase in volunteers
annual increase in volunteers on average for certified Service Enterprises, representing $63,000 in valued labor
In partnership with Points of Light, the world's largest organization dedicated to volunteer service, the ASU Lodestar Center offers nonprofits throughout Arizona access to the Service Enterprise Initiative. See which organizations have already transformed their volunteer management thanks to the Center's distinctive, high-quality approach.
NEWS: ASU Lodestar Center and Points of Light announce the Center’s new role as statewide hub of national Service Enterprise certification program.
- Access to a research-based program to transform your organization into one of the top 11 percent of nonprofits in volunteer management and organizational performance, according to research by the TCC Group.
- A diagnostic evaluation of your current volunteer engagement practices and tailored recommendations for improvement.
- 16 hours of training focused on change-management and volunteer engagement strategies and best practices.
- 15-20 hours of individualized coaching and the support of a community of peers to guide you through your Service Enterprise transformation.
- A nationally recognized certification, with access to volunteer engagement networks, resources and communities.
- Increased capacity to power your organization. According to Points of Light, Service Enterprises experience a 23 percent increase in volunteers annually, representing $63,000 in valued labor.
Expand your impact and reach
Service Enterprise certification signifies that organizations have the capability and management expertise to strategically use volunteers to improve the performance of their organization.
For every $1 invested in effective volunteer engagement, organizations can expect $3-$6 in return through more effective program delivery. Service Enterprises are significantly more adaptable, sustainable and better resourced to do their work.
In fact, research conducted by the TCC Group found that Service Enterprises are equally as effective as their peers without volunteers, at half the median budget.
Is your organization ready to join the next cohort at the ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation? Or is your organization considering recertification? Get started by completing this form. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.