President & CEO
Type of Nonprofit Organization:
New Pathways for Youth
President & CEO
1. About New Pathways for Youth
At New Pathways for Youth, we unlock new possibilities for young people and support them in achieving their full potential. Over the past 30 years, we've transformed the lives of over 6,500 youth -- youth who experience poverty and four times the adversity of others their age -- to break through the barriers they face and change the trajectory of their life.
This position is located in Phoenix, AZ. Your role in the team will be to create and lead a shared vision that generates value for those served. You will ensure that our organizational vision and the integration of our values are shared widely among staff, mentors, board, partners, youth and community at large.
2. Job Responsibilities and Duties
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Strategy and vision setting and implementation for the organization
- Financial oversight, building long term sustainability
- Overseeing staff and development to reach intended results
- Oversight of revenue generation and growth to support the organization's needs and growth plan, including engagement of board members as fundraisers and exploration of diverse and varied funding sources
- Relationship engagement (cultivation and stewardship) with high impact individuals, foundations, and corporations that creates more possibility for our impact
- Relationship engagement with strategically-aligned partners to leverage skillsets and capabilities (such as training and development, coaching, and project planning) as well as policy and advocacy for those served
- Board Member development and recruitment, including the cultivation of relationships that advance the skills and capabilities of the Board of Directors holistically
- Facilitation of Board of Directors work that generates a strategic vision for New Pathways and links cross committee activities to that vision
- Cultivation of relationships and strategic engagement of key community leaders through volunteer service on councils
- Facilitation and coaching of director leadership that generates commitment to the organization vision, principles, and culture
- Support the advancement of core capabilities within team members through coaching, mentoring, training and modeling
- Decision making that allocates resources wisely, ensures compliance, and promotes quality for the short and long term
- Ensure the application of evaluation data (internal), research (external), and experience to advance the program theory and ensure impact
- Promote the agency's positive profile and reputation for transforming the lives of youth
3. Organization Qualities/Traits
New Pathways for Youth's culture is one that is motivated, goal oriented, empathetic, inclusive and respectful. We operate in a work environment that fosters collaboration and supports engagement among the staff. We apply research, data, and experience to create our intended impact, awakening the full human potential to transform lives and communities. Alignment, leadership and representation of our Guiding Principles are essential responsibilities of the CEO:
- Relationships: Relationships create possibilities and opportunities. We nurture relationships with our youth, mentors, partners, colleagues and each other for the advancement of good.
- Well-Being: When all people have the knowledge and skills to rise, entire communities are lifted. We care about and promote the safety, health and equality of those we serve, including ourselves, youth, mentors, and stakeholders.
- Impact: Transforming lives is our purpose. We learn and apply research, data, and experience to reach intended short and long-term results for our youth and mentors.
- Intentionality: We are disciplined in our pursuit of results so that all youth can be their best selves. We focus our energies and resources to strategies and relationships that have the greatest impact.
- Responsibility: We are entrusted to create good for our community. We honor ourselves as our word and are accountable for decisions and results.
- Integrity: We model the teachings of our program. We act with honesty, care, commitment, and courage for our mission and community.
- Purpose: We believe everyone has assets to share. By sharing, advancing and challenging our ideas, talents and skills, we guide innovation and the creation of more good.
- Inclusion: We treat everyone with respect and dignity. We build community by listening for possibility and including diverse perspectives, ideas, knowledge, and people.
4. Additional details
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision coverage and generous time off package. New Pathways for Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
We are looking for a dedicated individual that:
- Is mission-focused,
- embraces personal and professional skill development,
- approaches others by seeing the whole person and the contributions each person brings, and
- honors a culture of accountability which instills trust so we can transform the lives of even more youth in our community.
Essential qualities needed include being:
- People and relationship focused leader
- Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and in detail
- Committed to results in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to recognize and adjust to change
- Strategic, big-picture thinking
- Able to set and achieve specific standards for self and others
- A calculated decision maker that weighs risk against benefit
- Delegates tasks readily, clearly and concisely
- Team builder that inspires and engages others
- Lively and inclusive communicator
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Nicole Szymkowski at email@example.com. Please include your name and position title "President & CEO" in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.