The Optimizing Human Strategies in Nonprofits is a certificate of distinction for individuals seeking knowledge and skills in nonprofit human resources, volunteer management, change management and conflict resolution. Certificate content includes:
- Complying with federal and state employment laws and compensation systems
- Recruiting, managing, motivating, and rewarding both staff and volunteers in order to effectively utilize their strengths
- Effectively lead and champion change within an organization
- Developing strategies to overcome internal and external conflict
Established experts noted for their skills and expertise will guide each course. Additionally, course colleagues who are enrolled also share best practices and offer guidance and support through an interactive, adult-learning environment.
This certificate is comprised of these courses:
- NMI 102 Maximizing Human Potential
- NMI 104 Engaging and Developing Volunteers
- NMI 142 Communicating with Purpose
- NMI 144 Becoming a Champion of Change
Two of the course deliveries consist of 14 days of asynchronous online study with two synchronous Zoom instructional class meetings per course. The other two courses consist of 5 days of asynchronous online study with one synchronous Zoom instructional class meeting per course.
A hallmark of the certificate and its content is the premium placed on immediate and usable knowledge and tools that are offered in accessible ways and provide participants the opportunity to strengthen essential skills and enable them to be more successful in their nonprofit sector work.
This certificate is presented in part by Your Part-Time Controller, LLC.