Frequently Asked Questions
As the Center's nonprofit specialists continue to answer questions, this page will host a repository of answers to frequent questions, including related resources. Answers will be grouped within the following list of topics. To read questions and answers within a topic, click on the title.
More in-depth FAQs organized alphabetically by topic:
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Communications and Marketing
- Financial Management
- Governance and Boardsmanship
- Human Resource Issues
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Resource Development and Fundraising
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Sales Tax & the Transaction Privilege and Use Tax
- Should We Hire a Consultant?
- The Chair of the Nonprofit Board
- The Nonprofit Chief Executive Officer
- We Have Lost Our Tax-Exempt Status - What Do We Do?
- What are Tax-Exempt Organizations?
- What is the 990?
- Where is Our Tax Exempt Application in the Process?
- Do Arizona Nonprofit Organizations Pay and/or Collect Sales Tax?
The information provided and contained at this site is not a substitute for professional legal counsel. Readers should consult legal counsel before taking any steps that may have legal consequences. Links to information are provided as a courtesy. They are not intended to nor do they constitute an endorsement of the linked materials.
Please note that websites frequently change, and while we endeavor to keep links current, some might not work. When you encounter such a problem, you can help us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we might investigate and make changes to our information and links.