Current nonprofit sector research and recommendations for effective day-to-day practice from ASU faculty, staff, students, and the nonprofit and philanthropic community.
About the blog
Welcome to the ASU Lodestar Center's official blog. The purpose of this blog is to provide a more personal and interactive space where nonprofit professionals, scholars and practitioners can tell their stories. The blog is designed to connect and educate people in a meaningful way by encouraging discussion and providing knowledge and tools for those who lead, manage, and support nonprofit organizations. We hope this blog will give a more personal face to our organization and build a sense of community among nonprofit practitioners. Our aim is that this blog be imbued with the personality, vitality, and passion of those that comprise and sustain the multifaceted and dynamic nonprofit sector.
We regularly feature posts written by guest authors and welcome submissions from anyone interested in writing about nonprofit and philanthropic topics. As such, the views expressed on this blog reflect the opinions, thoughts, and unique perspectives of each individual blog author, and do not necessarily represent the official position, policies, practices, or endorsements of Arizona State University or the ASU Lodestar Center. Likewise, the ASU Lodestar Center is not liable or responsible for the comments made by our readers. While it is our policy to encourage dialogue and discussion, we will closely monitor all comments, and promptly delete those that do not comply with our Code of Conduct.
While appropriate care will always be taken to provide our readers with accurate information and honest analysis, we encourage our readers to use caution before making any decisions based on the information in this blog.
In order to provide a safe, positive environment for all of our readers, we have developed the following code of conduct for this blog:
- As the sponsoring entity behind this blog, it is the ASU Lodestar Center's duty to monitor and accept the ultimate responsibility for what is published on this platform. Therefore, all posts and comments will be monitored and edited as deemed necessary by our blog editorial and management teams. Items that are considered wholly inappropriate will be summarily deleted.
- Profanity, vulgarity, racial/ethnic slurs, sexually explicit, hateful, and/or threatening language will not be tolerated on this blog.
- Comments should relate to the topic of the post. Off-topic links, advertisements, solicitations, and SPAM will not be tolerated.
- Trolling (the posting of comments with the sole purpose of causing an argument) is generally frowned upon, and if it becomes problematic, the offender(s) will be banned from commenting.
- Posting of personal information (phone numbers, addresses, etc.) is generally discouraged in the comment area.
Please contact the ASU Lodestar Center directly if you have any specific complaints, concerns, or suggestions about the blog. Please do not post complaints directly on the blog.
ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation
Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions | Arizona State University | University Center
Mail Code 4120
411 N. Central Ave. Suite 500, Phoenix, AZ 85004-0691